Black Diamond Rocklock Screwgate Carabiner
Black Diamond Rocklock Screwgate Carabiner is our largest belay and rappel locker, the Black Diamond RockLock carabiner features a keylock nose and is Munter Hitch compatible. It’s available as a screwgate or twistlock—both can be operated with one hand.
- Square hinge end holds belay loop securely in place
- Slightly curved spine maximizes gate opening
- Keylock nose prevents snagging
- One-hand operable
HOT FORGING VS. COLD FORGING
We use two different forging methods to build carabiners—hot and cold forging. Each has its benefits and using both allows us to achieve the best possible shape, size and strength for each carabiner’s intended use. HOT FORGING, a process where both the rod stock and forge dies are heated, allows us to “move” the metal, creating more intricate shapes, such as our GridLock and Oz biners.
- Weight : 89 g (3.1 oz)
- Closed Gate Strength : 24 kN (5395 lbf)
- Open Gate Strength : 7 kN (1574 lbf)
- Minor Axis Strength : 7 kN (1574 lbf)
- Gate Opening : [Twistlock] 21 mm (0.83 in)
- Item: BD2102520000ALL1